Pre-Sale Building & Pest Inspections: Brisbane, Gold Coast & Surrounds
About Our Pre-Sale Building & Pest Inspections
Selling your residence? Want to know of all the issues before you put it on the market? You’ve come to the right place.
A pre-sale building and pest inspection identifies any defects, how serious they are, and what repairs are needed. With these insights into the condition of your property, you can solve problems that may deter a potential buyer further down the track. The best way to get it done is with a pre-sale or pre-purchase property inspection, along with a detailed report.
Note that our inspection reports are not compliance reports. Although they may make reference to structures or extensions that require council approvals, they focus on the condition of your property.
Why carry out a pre-sale inspection:
- Find any major defects, active termites, dampness, or structural issues that may deter a potential buyer at contract time
- Active termites in a building or on the property may instantly deter some buyers and/or lower the sale price considerably (so you definitely want to know about and deal with them ahead of time)
- Give yourself time to rectify any major defects before a potential buyer arrives to inspect
- Avoid negotiating down your property’s price due to hidden or unknown defects and increase the likelihood of achieving the listed price
- Your pre-sale building and pest report can become a great selling tool, as you can provide interested buyers with a copy of the report at any time to give them confidence that the property is free of any major defects (if this is stated), without having to arrange their own pre-purchase inspection
- A pre-sale inspection is just one inspection with minimal disturbance to you (and your property) compared to the many potential building and pest inspectors that may come through your property to carry out pre-purchase inspections
Why Choose Compass
Preview Our Building & Pest Reports
After your inspection has been completed, we’ll give you a brief verbal summary of our findings if you’re present at the property. You’ll also get a detailed report on each area (including photos) that you can use to understand defects, plan repairs, and/or provide to potential buyers. These full reports will be sent to you by email the following working day, and we can also post you a hard copy, if required.